Dear Sexton Mt. Families:
Students were so excited to share their snow stories this morning. Snow fort building and sledding seemed to top the list of great adventures! Many also seemed inspired by the Olympic events they watched on television. It was clear that after a long weekend, they were ready to return to work. When I visited Mrs. Baldwin’s classroom this morning, Natalie was reading her piece on the adventures of the weekend. Ramps, snowboards, and working together collaboratively with her neighbors were just a few of the highlights from her pages of writing.
Last Thursday morning our fourth graders got to perform their winter musical for our students. Because of the early closure that day, we have rescheduled the evening event to this Thursday, February 13 at 6:30pm. You are invited to attend!
With the early closure last week we did a lot of learning. Today students will bring home a sheet of paper with implications for different announcements that could be made related to weather. This may be a helpful list to keep for future events.
Dr. Teresa Clemens-Brower
a.k.a. Mrs. C.-B.
THANK YOU-We are so lucky to have an active and involved community willing to do special things for our kids. When we work together, our kids benefit.
- § Thanks to Emilia’s family for donating yarn and ribbon.
- § Thanks to Glenna Griffiths for doing some grocery shopping for an after school club.
- § Thanks to Kristin Hayes family for volunteering to help with the yarn-cutting project and for volunteering hand sanitizer to our computer lab.
- § Thanks to Brian Tuttle, chemist, for presenting information to our 5th grade class.
- § Thanks to Danelle Isenhart and Kristin Payne for assisting with the early dismissal last week.
- § Thanks to the McColl family for assembling packets for Kindergarten Orientation.
- § Thanks to Jenny Tan for creating posters for us!
- § Thanks to Kate Kristiansen for beautiful, “it’s a great day because” posters.
Wish List-These are things or jobs that make a difference to our kids, teachers or school. Send in items or let Mrs. CB know if you can volunteer.• One more volunteer is needed to cut ribbon into 6 inch pieces. This job can be done at home and can be sent home through backpack mail. Please let Mrs. CB know if you can do this project. • Donations of hand sanitizer will be put to good use in our computer lab. Please send donations to the office. • Donations for our teachers’ donorschoose.org projects are still appreciated! Reminders
- · The school directory is intended for Sexton Mountain Family use only. Arranging play dates or birthday parties are examples of appropriate use. The school directory should not be used for advertising purposes.
- · Pedestrians should cross 155th with the crossing guard at Sexton Mountain and 155th. Thanks!
- · If your child will be late or absent, please call the attendance line (503-259-7635) before 8:30am (when messages are checked each day).
- · If you enter or leave through the back gate between our playground and 158th, close and latch the gate behind you.
- · Dogs are not allowed on school property when students are present.
- · If you pick up your child behind the school, please do not use our neighbors’ driveways to turn around. We’ve had a complaint that the extra wear and tear from parents is causing damage.
- · Please remember to park only in legal parking spots on 158th. Parking too close to our back exit makes it dangerous for drivers to see children as they leave the school.