Dear Sexton Mt. Families:
Last week was a very special week for the Sexton Mountain team. We likely had the WORLD’S BEST week for staff. Appreciation shown through actions, words and written thoughts made our school a very special place indeed! Listed below are some of things our staff members noted:
- § I never expect anything from the parents except to support their children to be the best they can be. To be treated with such respect from the parents is overwhelming. Thank you so much.
- § The parents' support lifts my spirits and provides an energy boost that passes on to their wonderful children.
- § The variety and quality of food provided for staff here at Sexton Mt. during the past five days was very impressive and greatly appreciated. It was certainly delicious and thoughtfully presented! Thanks to all who helped make this possible!
- § Thanks for the most pampered week-we all feel very thankful to have such a fabulous community who supports their children and school!
- § I felt the gratitude from everyone who contributed to Staff Appreciation Week. It is incredibly flattering to know that you are truly valued. :)
- § Each day I looked forward to a delicious meal that was so generously and thoughtfully prepared (definitely an improvement over what I usually throw together for myself). Thank you!
- § It was wonderful to be treated so special this week. I felt very spoiled and loved. Thank you to all the parents who treated us like royalty. It is nice to be appreciated.
- § This week, I have appreciated the yummy treats and sweet notes from parents and students (plus the warm coffee on a rainy day!). They filled my bucket.
- § I really appreciate how special the parents made me feel this week! Thank you for all of the yummy meals and especially for the coffee cart on Thursday!
- § Thank you for sharing the gift of your time and energy in bringing the staff such wonderful goodies.
- § The commitment and dedication our parents show to our school community is inspiring! Thank your for the rejuvenating week of appreciation! What a wonderful way to begin spring.
- § As always, the parents' generosity, dedication, time and effort was overwhelming and very much appreciated. Plus there was some really great food! :)
- § I appreciated all the cheerful decorations. I appreciated the many gluten free choices I had. Thank You!
- § There was something special every day! There was something for the vegans, dairy free, gluten free and lots of yummy sugary treats too! Thank you!!
- § This week reminded me how grateful I am to be teaching at Sexton Mountain. Parents here can and do show their appreciation, and that means a lot! The food and coffee cart were delightful surprises. Thank you, parents!
- § I appreciate all the hard work the parents put in to spoiling the staff, what a way to make us feel special!
- § Thank you so much for all of the delicious food. You blessed our staff beyond measure. Thank you!
In addition to the festivities happening at school, there were celebrations away from school as well. Some of our fifth graders had a red carpet event with a limo ride included at the Signal to Noise Celebration. Eight of the entries by Sexton Mountain Students were among the finalists. Check out the link below for more info about this special event.
Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue treated students to a special visit last Tuesday. They learned about the importance of having a plan, staying low and older students had a chance to practice exiting a house through a window.
Artwork representing human rights was honored at City Hall last week. Our students were recognized by Mayor Doyle.
Congratulations to Esme! She was among the top three spellers in Washington County!
While great things have been happening, there are many more exciting things yet to come. The Carnival team has put a lot of work into planning an exciting evening for families. It’s going to be a great family evening and the weather for Friday looks like it will be great. We hope that many will help with everything from set up to clean up. Strong bodies are needed to help with the inflatables at the end of the evening. We will celebrate our volunteers with a special party in their honor on May 22 at 2:00pm. Students for each grade level will treat guests to special performances. Passport Club, Field Day, Portland: The Musical, and a Kindergarten Celebration are just a few of the things we look forward to.
Great things are happening at Sexton Mountain School. Thanks for sharing your children and talents with us!
Dr. Teresa Clemens-Brower
a.k.a. Mrs. C.-B.
THANK YOU-We are so lucky to have an active and involved community willing to do special things for our kids. When we work together, our kids benefit.
- § Thanks to Kate Kristiansen for transforming the staff room into a celebration room for our staff. Thanks to all who have made Staff Appreciation Week AMAZING.
- § Thank to Holly Medell for her continued work on revamping the book room.
- § Thanks to the Fuenmayor family for the donation of non-fiction books for the lunch room book boxes.
- § Thanks to Veronica Powell for keeping groups organized and on time during the TVFR visit last week.
Wish List-These are things or jobs that make a difference to our kids, teachers or school. Send in items or let Mrs. CB know if you can volunteer.
• Mr. Miller can put donations of yoga mats to good use in the gym
• Mr. Miller would love donations of no-longer-needed clothes, hats, shoes, etc. for a Field Day activity…the funnier, goofier, more unique the better, but he will take it all (preferably sizes that can fit all body types and ages from 5-105—examples: sweatpants, Hawaiian shirts, shorts, sunglasses, crazy hats, flippers, slip-on shoes)• Volunteers are needed to organize and sort a very large order of office supplies in the supply room. Reminders · Dogs are not allowed on campus when kids are here. · Please do not use our neighbor’s driveways for turning around. Some of those closest to our campus believe the extra use by Sexton Mt. families is damaging their cement. · Please remember to follow traffic safety laws on and around our campus. We have 550+ little bodies to look out for! · Report off campus traffic issues to https://apps.beavertonoregon.gov/secure/bpd/TrafficComplaint.aspx Upcoming Events (bold items have been recently added) § May 14-Passport Club § May 22-Volunteer Appreciation Celebration 2:00pm § May 23-Assessment Day-No School § May 26-Memorial Day-No School § May 29- Canfield Lunch Buddy Visit 11:20-12:15 § May 30-Spirit Assembly 8:30am § June 4-After School Club Drama Performance 6:30pm § June 5-Kindergarten Celebration 10:00am and 2:00pm § June 6-Field Day § June 12-Last Day of School and 5th Grade Send Off Party § June 12-Report Cards will be sent home in backpack mail or mailed. § June 16-Beaverton Party in the Park at Sexton Mountain (Afternoon-Evening Event) § September 2-First Day for First through Fifth Grade Students § September 8- First Day for Kindergarten Students District Goal for 2010-2015: All students will show continuous progress toward their personal learning goals, developed in collaboration with teachers and parents, and will be prepared for post-secondary education and career success.
The Beaverton School District recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of the Beaverton School District that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans' status, genetic information or disability in any educational programs, activities or employment.
Sexton Mountain Elementary School n 15645 SW Sexton Mountain Drive n Beaverton, Oregon 97007 n Office: 503.672.3560 n FAX 503.672.3563