Dear Sexton Mt. Families:
What do you love about our school? There are so many special things happening at our school every day. This week our students helped tell you about the things going on at Sexton Mt.
Thank you for sharing your children with us!
Teresa Clemens-Brower, Ed. D.
· Early Release Starts Fall of 2017-When planning for next year, please remember that the District will implement an early release model https://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/PS/Pages/Early-ReleaseTeacher-Collaboration.aspx
· Thanks for keeping the office informed of any updated contact information. Thanks also for making sure your list of emergency contacts is up to date.
· Make sure your coats and outerwear are clearly labeled with your child’s name.
· All medication (including cough drops) must be signed in to the Health Room and delivered by an adult.
· Feb. 20-No School Presidents’ Day
· March 27-31-No School-Spring Break
· May 26- No School Assessment Day
· May 29-No School Memorial Day
· Due to the restoration of instructional time due to winter weather, Spring report cards will be sent home on March 24. Spring conferences have been eliminated. Parents should direct questions and inquiry to their teachers via email or phone call.
*Wish List-These are items we’d love to have donated. If you have something on the list you’d like to donate, please send items to the school office.
· Bilingual children’s books can be put to good use.
· Diapers, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Hygiene Products for families in need
· Cereal, canned fruit or vegetables, shelf stable milk, snacks, soup for families in need
*Help Wanted-These are tasks with which we’d love to have help. If you are able to help, email Mrs. C.-B. at Teresa_Clemens-Brower@beaverton.k12.or.us and make sure your volunteer background check has been completed.
· Translators Wanted-If you are willing and able to translate school documents from English to Vietnamese, Korean, Russian or Kurdish we would love to have key messages translated in order to better communicate with our whole school community.
· Declutter Expert or Organizer needed—We have one volunteer but need more in order to turn the Science Storage Room into an organized supply room for a future Maker’s Space. If you like to sort and tidy, this job is for you and can be done any time between 7:30am-4:00pm.
· Thanks to Jen, Lindsay, Olivia, Polly, Adria, Leah, and Lu for taking on the Weekend Food Backpack and Family Care Kit project.
· Thank you to the Biado family for donations of bilingual children’s books to our school.
· Thanks to the Soca family for helping to screen materials.
· Thanks to Adria volunteering to take on the Science Room.